June 3, 2014

CANARY YELLOW

After what seemed like the longest winter ever I'm happy to announce that spring has finally arrived. I can finally pack away all my dark articles of clothing and become saturated in vibrant prints and color… I'm sad to admit that over the course of winter I became a victim to the New York standard of dress. I buried away all of my colorful printed clothing and adopted the look of wearing uninterrupted black. 

 Besides season changes, I also decided to cut my hair into a bowl cut. I'm loving the easy styling options and low maintenance that my hair requires. I think the biggest perk is the fact that I can wear hats again.  photo DSC_0059e_zps63448913.jpg
Its been awhile since I've worn this Nigerian lace top that was passed down to me from my mother. It holds a special place in my heart because it was what my mom wore when she migrated here from Nigeria 30 years ago.

 photo DSC_0022e_zps73e4a66c.jpg
 photo DSC_0203e_zps97cbe6ea.jpg


 photo DSC_0145e_zpsb3d9fa9d.jpg

 photo DSC_0211_zps894ff704.jpg photo DSC_0026e_zps6019f55a.jpg




THE DETAILS:                                                                          LOCATION: Fort Greene, Brooklyn
Vintage Christian Dior shorts 
Nigerian lace blouse
 Zara sandals 
Thrifted earrings




PHOTOS BY CM

No comments:

Post a Comment