April 1, 2013

"Black Pearl"

I've been longing to photograph this PRADA dress that I purchased sometime last year at the outlet store. Prada's spring 2011 (Minimal Baroque) collection took on such a fresh and daring vibe. This collection from Prada goes down in the history books as one of my all-time favorite colloborations.I think my favoritisim has to do with the strong influences channeling Josephine Baker. I also can't get enough of the fun-quirky cartoonish prints, and of course the finger waved hair pretty much set the tone for the entire collection.
 
 
 
Josephine Baker was the first African-American female to star in a major motion picture, Zouzou (1934), to integrate an American concert hall, and to become a world-famous entertainer  photo edit_zps179aaa27.jpg  photo 052_zps965438c0.jpg  photo edit4_zpsa36dfa4c.jpg  photo edit2_zpsf5e01933.jpg  photo edit5_zps2135b085.jpg The Details:
PRADA DRESS
ALEXANDER WANG SANDALS
VINTAGE EARRINGS
AFRICAN BANGLES

No comments:

Post a Comment